** ENTER TO WIN A FREE COPY OF MY BOOK - DETAILS IN POST **

ContactMe

Search Blog

translate


I was thinking for my first tutorials that I would show some of the knot designs that you might commonly see, I've noticed many great looking Wall Knot designs on Stormdrane's blog. This is a great design, it's easy to tie and can be used with different strand variations. I am showing the directions for a Two Strand Wall Sinnet, but the directions are the same regardless of the amount of stands you choose to use as long as there are more than one.
A Wall Knot is tied almost like a Crown Knot, but instead of going over its neighbors loop, it goes under. It sounds more complicated than it actually is, so check out the tutorial for a better visual description.


Click the image to download the larger view.
You will notice that once you've figured out how the first image section is tied, every additional loop is exactly the same.

Chimera Wall Sinnet

Following the directions of this tutorial, I tied the "Chimera Wall Sinnet". I added two plastic skulls and a small lobster clasp to finish it off.
You will notice when tying this design that it looks very similar to the Chinese Snake Knot, but is easier to tie and can be tied tighter.

SOURCES AND REFERENCES

Comments

  1. Anonymous

    I'll right away clutch your rss as I can't
    find your e-mail subscription link or newsletter service.
    Do you have any? Kindly let me understand in order that I may just subscribe.
    Thanks.

    My blog: Buy facebook fans

  2. @Anonymous: I wasn't aware that the feeds link was no longer working, thanks for letting me know. I have fixed the issue now, all you need to do is click the subscribe button located in the upper-right, then enter your email address and you will be subscribed.
    Thanks for the support!


Post a Comment

If you have any questions or comments, please feel free to comment. I can usually reply to comments within a short period of time, in the mean time you might try searching Google and entering your question there, this usually works for me.

Thank you for reading and don't forget to subscribe for updates by clicking the links in the menu in the upper-right corner, or you may Subscribe to Unique Ropecraft by Email.

Note:Your comment will not appear directly after submitting, comments require authorization prior to publishing.

Designs by ViperLabs DevTEAM